What you need to know about us :
Connect Me Mortgages Limited is a Licensed Financial Advice Provider issued by the FMA to provide financial advice services. Financial Services Provider Number is FSP706071.
Below are the Financial Advisers who give advice on behalf of Connect Me Mortgages Limited (Financial Advice Provider):
Mike McGinley – FSP555526 (Mortgage and Insurance Adviser)
Brodie Sadgrove – FSP517566 (Mortgage Adviser)
Emma Johnston – FSP778361 (Mortgage Adviser)
Joshua Logan – FSP653851 (Insurance Adviser)
Our office contact details :
Nature and Scope of financial advice services :
- Mortgages (residential and commercial loans)
- Debt management (including borrowing for personal and investment purposes)
- Personal insurance (life cover, health, disability, income protection and trauma)
- General insurance (house, contents and vehicle covers)
- Information about KiwiSaver for retirement or saving for your first home
Products we can provide financial advice about:
- Loans including mortgages, reverse mortgages and personal loans
- Personal and group Insurance (life cover, health, disability, income protection and trauma)
Our Fees :
The majority of our clients do not get charged fees. Fees may be applicable for development finance, bridging finance, or non-bank specialist loans. The actual fee charged to you will depend on the nature and scope of the advice or service we provide. We will discuss and agree the actual fees with you before we proceed and explain how they are payable.
The following outlines the types of fees that may apply:
The fees charged for our advice and services may be based on a combination of: a set dollar amount; or a percentage-based fee.
Other costs and expenses :
We don’t charge our clients costs, expenses, or anything else directly related to the financial advice we provide.
For services in relation to loan products / insurance / KiwiSaver, commissions may be paid by the product provider as follows:
Initial commission - a percentage of the value of your loan balance ranging from 0% to 0.88%; a percentage of the value of your insurance premiums ranging from 30% to 230%; a dollar amount depending on the size of your KiwiSaver contributions within the first 12 months from $40 to $240.
Ongoing commission - a percentage of the value of your outstanding loan amount or premiums, usually calculated at the end of each month in which you hold the loan ranging from 0.15% to 0.20%; or on renewal of insurance products ranging from 7.5% to 25%; or an amount equal to 0.25% per year of your KiwiSaver account balance ongoing.
Conflicts of Interest :
Conflicts of interest or other incentives:
We are here for our clients and to advise you as best we can. Your interests are our priority, although we do have business relationships with product providers also. From time to time, we may receive a small gift from a product provider (such as a bottle of wine or events tickets).
How we manage any conflicts of interest:
To ensure our advisers prioritise our clients’ interests:
● We follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made appropriately, based on clients’ goals and circumstances.
● All our advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest.
● We maintain registers of conflicts of interests and the gifts and incentives we receive. These registers are monitored regularly, and additional training is provided as required.
● We undertake an annual independent Compliance Assurance Review.
Our Duties and Obligations to you :
We are bound by the duties of the Financial Markets Conduct Act (431I, 431K, 431L and 431M) to:
● Meet the standards of competence, knowledge and skill set out in the Code of Conduct
● Give priority to the clients’ interest and
● Exercise care, diligence and skill and
● Meet the standards of ethical behavior, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct.
Our Internal complaints process:
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of our advice or service, please tell us so that we can try to fix the problem.
Our internal Complaints Manager is Jen McGinley who can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 237 1104. Jen McGinley will reply to you within 2 business days.
Our internal complaints handling process is as follows:
1. To lodge a complaint, existing clients can select the “Complaint” button in their profile or at the bottom of the portal web page. If you’re not an existing client, please email your complaint to our internal Complaints’ Manager: email@example.com
2. We will reply to you within 2 business days.
3. We will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 10 working days.
Our external complaints process:
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use the internal complaints scheme, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme – Financial Services Complaints (FSCL). This service will cost you nothing and will help us resolve any complaints.
You can contact Financial Services Complaints at:
Address: FSCL, PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145
Phone number: 0800 347 257
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alpha First Mortgages
- Avanti Finance
- Bank of China
- Basecorp Finance
- Credit One
- Cressida Capital
- DBR Property Financiers
- First Mortgage Trust
- Funding Partners
- General Finance
- Get Capital
- Heartland Bank
- Liberty Financial
- NZCU Baywide
- Omega Capital
- Pepper Money
- Property Development Finance Limited
- SBS Bank
- Silver Harbour Capital
- Southern Cross Partners
- The Co-Operative Bank
- Zip Co
- Fidelity Life
- Partners Life